LuAnn Thoma-Holec, FASID
A passion for senior living interior design inspired LuAnn to launch a new company exclusively focused on it. Her 35 years of design experience in new home marketing centers, model merchandising, private residential, and hospitality support her ability to create home-like senior living and specialized care communities that are highly marketable, in-budget, and comply with the social model for senior living and care.
As principal, LuAnn is responsible for the implementation of the design criteria and project management of all senior living and specialized care communities.
• Fellowship in the Council of Fellows ASID
• Designer of Distinction
• National Council of Senior Housing - five silver awards
• ASID Awards of Excellence in senior care, hospitality and model merchandising
• Bachelor of Science in Interior Design and Museum Arts – University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Graduate Certificate in Gerontology – Arizona State University
• Certified National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ)
• Certified Active Adult Specialist in Housing (CAASH)
• Licensed Interior Designer – state of Nevada
• Certified Interior Designer – state of California
• Industry member of Assisted Living Federation of America – member
• Industry member of LeadingAge
• SAGE Member (Society for the Advancement of Gerontological Environments
• Past (six year) Board Member of the Arizona Assisted Living Federation of America (ALFA)
• Past National Director-at-Large of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
• Past ASID National Ethics Chairman
• Past President of the ASID Arizona North Chapter
Senior Interior Designer
Jill is responsible for all facets of the design process including specification of finishes and furnishings, procurement, specification implementation and project installation. Jill joined Thoma-Holec in 2007 as an Interior Design Intern. She was soon promoted to Design Assistant and then to Senior Interior Designer in 2011. Prior to joining Thoma-Holec Design, Jill was a Human Resource Professional for the May Company and a large, local Jiffy Lube franchise. Previously, Jill was a Pharmacy Technician. During her six years as a pharmacy tech working with senior care communities, Jill recognized that she had a desire to enhance and enrich the lives of seniors through interior design.
• Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design – Art Institute of Phoenix
• St. Vincent DePaul/NEWH – volunteer
• Keep America Beautiful– volunteer
• Habitat for Humanity – volunteer
• Allied ASID Member
• NEWH Member
Senior Interior Designer
Originally born in Cedar Rapids, IA, Kim moved to Arizona in 1987. After graduating from college in 2005, Kim began working in the model home industry. With seven years interior design experience in model home merchandising, Kim decided that she would like to focus on the senior living industry and joined Thoma-Holec Design in 2012. Kim is an expert at and has a sincere passion for making spaces look aesthetically beautiful, while keeping in mind the functionality and needs of clients. She loves the creative process and working in a team environment. Taking the beginning phases of a project and seeing it come to fruition is incredibly fulfilling and rewarding for Kim, especially when she sees how excited the residents are when they move into the communities which make them feel right at home.
• Bachelor of Science in Interior Design – Northern Arizona University
• Associate Degree in Interior Design – Scottsdale Community
• Allied Member of ASID Arizona North Chapter
Senior Interior Designer
Leslie began working in the model home industry immediately out of college but soon discovered a love for helping people heal through beautifully designed spaces. She has been working in the healthcare industry for 16 years and has a passion for bringing comfort to patients, families and staff members by creating spaces that are nurturing, peaceful and creative yet extremely functional. She has worked on all sizes of projects from small sales centers, Community Recreation Centers on up to large multi-story Hospitals. She loves seeing a project through all phases and has 20 years of experience putting together projects from Design Development, Construction Documentation on through Construction Administration. Her favorite part is walking into a space and hearing patients, family members and staff talking about how much a space has brought comfort and peace to their time spent in a facility.
• Bachelors of Science in Interior Design – University of Arizona, Tucson
• Summer Abroad Program – Denmark Design School
The first time Qingmeng started to learn drawing was at age 16. She practiced basic drawing skills for a few years, and eventually stepped into the interior design field of study. Before completing a Masters in Interior Architecture and Design in the spring of 2012, she worked on a few residential projects in China, but wanted to expand her professional skills in interior design, so Qingmeng came to the United States. She now enjoys her time with Thoma-Holec Design and looks forward to continuing her career and strives to give it her best on every single project.
• Masters of Fine Art in Interior and Architecture – Academy of Art University, San Francisco
• Bachelor of Art and Design - Yunnan University, Kumming, Yunnan, China
Office Administrator / Bookkeeper
Carol is responsible for all internal accounts payable and receivables. With over 15 years experience performing accounting and bookkeeping functions for interior design firms, Carol is responsible for all internal accounts payable, receivables, and procurement tracking. Prior to joining Thoma-Holec Design she was employed at MGA Interiors and Habitat, Inc. in the accounts payable department.
Installation Team Lead
An efficient and organized installation is one of the keys to Thoma-Holec Design's success. Mike is responsible for the furniture, artwork and accessory installation teams and is onsite at each installation. His personal involvement with the placement of furnishings and artwork enables the install to complete in a timely manner with quality control foremost on his agenda. Prior to joining Thoma-Holec Design, Mike was part of the management team at Lynch Furniture Handlers. Mike is a veteran of Desert Storm.
Steven's responsibilities, on an as needed basis, include consulting, AutoCAD preliminary design and construction documents. As an industrial designer with a background in the exhibit design field and museum interpretive design, Steven has expertise in project management, signage design, millwork fabrication, and graphic design. Steven is a spiritual counselor for Hospice of the West. His spiritual guidance and understanding of the frailty of the senior population assists him in his ability to assist the design department in creating interiors that function for all senior impairments.
Architectural Support Haus provides meticulous construction documents, is capable of surveying as-built conditions, may provide project management upon request, and can develop color renderings. We work with current versions of AutoCAD® and Adobe® Creative Suite®.
C.W. Barsness, CPA is the Certified Public Accounting firm responsible for all accounting functions, payroll, tax, and administrative functions of Thoma-Holec Design LLC.